About Raytown CARES Capital Improvements
On August 18, 2020, the Raytown Board of Aldermen approved Ordinance NO. 5647-20, authorizing the request of available Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds from Jackson County for eligible expenses incurred between March 1 – December 31, 2020 and the creation of programs to assist the Raytown community.
Prior to Dec 31, 2020, a portion of the Raytown CARES funds, in the amount of $600,000, were allocated and approved by the Board of Aldermen for Capital Improvements at Raytown City Hall. This use of CARES funds after 2020 is done in accordance with federal guidelines for CARES programs.
Capital Improvements Timeline
- Construction began March 2021 and will be completed in May 2021.
- Beginning May 2021, public access to City Hall will shift to the East Entry.
- Construction alerts will be provided via http://raytowncares.com, Raytown’s Twitter and Facebook (@CityofRaytown) and public access channels (Comcast Channel 7 & Google Fiber TV Channel 145).
- Installation of a new ramp at the Main Entrance – Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant
- Addition of a parcel drop box and collection box at East Entrance – accommodates large deliveries
- Touchless infrared door operators at entries
Interior & Vestibule
- New 2-tiered Main Entry vestibule – improved accessibility
- Installation of a television monitor in Main Entry vestibule
- New LED lighting
- A/V system upgrades – improved ability to host virtual meetings
- Sound control improvements – installation of acoustical wall panels & ceiling systems
- Improved security – installation of ballistic panels on dias walls
- Improved seating options
- Installation of resilient tile flooring
- Installation of Bipolar Ionization into existing HVAC system (4 units + entry/lobby)
- Installation of hands-free faucets to 1st floor restrooms
- Installation of new drinking fountains with touchless bottle fillers – ADA compatible & accessible to the public
- Enlarged and upgraded employee break room – allows for social distancing
- Installation of fire sprinkler piping in courtroom/board room, A/V closet and breakroom